Airdrie Real Estate — Let’s talk COMMISSION. Many people do not realize that Realtors® do not have a “standard” commission rate that they charge. In Airdrie, and in fact, in all of Canada, we are not allowed to do so. The Competition Bureau of Canada strictly prohibits this and maintains that it is up to every individual agent to determine what they will charge.
For this reason, we believe it is extremely important to ask your agent not only what commissions they charge but MORE IMPORTANTLY, what services are included in that commission fee.
There is no right business model, but it is important to find the business model that makes you feel that you are getting the absolute best value. Don’t be afraid to interview a few Airdrie Realtors®.
Here are some important questions to ask a Realtor® before you hire them (and click here for some tips to prepare for that first meeting!):
1. What is your marketing plan? Does that include a digital marketing strategy? Can you clearly outline it and do you have a budget for this?
2. How do you plan to get my home “sale ready”? Do you have a team of experts that will assist with furniture placement, accessorizing? Do you have a handyman at the ready? Cleaners?
3. Do you have a system in place to ensure incredible communication? What kind of updates can we expect and how often will this happen?
4. Can you tell me what experience you have and in addition, what negotiation strategies are you familiar with and which do you typically use?
5. Are you resourceful and why?
6. Can you tell me what you think the strengths of my home are and what the weaknesses are?
7. Is there a marketing angle for my home?
8. How familiar are you with Airdrie homes and the communities within? How can this positively impact your selling strategy?
Here are some questions now to ask yourself after meeting a Realtor®:
1. Do I like this person? Believe it or not, this really matters! Trust your gut.
2. Did the person adequately answer the above questions.
3. Would they walk through a jungle safari naked with raw steaks around their neck if I asked them to? Just kidding, I just wanted to check if you made it this far.
At Natalie Berthiaume Group, we do things a little differently. Need a locksmith? We have one. Need cleaners? We have them (Hey, Airdrie Lathered!). Need to know where to get the best pasta in town? We know! (Mmm Ferraro Truly Italian). We also have designers, decorators, painters, mortgage brokers, furniture companies, digital strategists, and an online coordination system to name a few.
We believe in a full-service, boutique-style, Airdrie focused, real estate experience (read our reviews, people love us!). We love the personal touch that only a truly committed professional can offer. We also like relaxed, happy people, and we make it our mission to get our clients to that happy place.
To learn more about who we are and what our values are, click here!
Your Airdrie Real Estate Group