It’s the New Year and you are finally ready to get your home on the market! As a local expert in Airdrie Homes with over 10 years of being licensed as a Realtor, I’ve put together the things I wish you knew prior to meeting with our team. So without further ado, here you are, my fellow Airdrie people!
1. We are not the buyer. You don’t need to clean for hours before we come. We can see past clutter and dirt. Don’t waste your time and energy on this. We have a full suite of partners that we include as part of our listing package that is designed to assist you in these areas. We will help you every step of the way to get your home into that pristine condition for when it hits the market.
2. We probably don’t need a copy of the photos you took in the summer. Unless you’re a professional photographer, the photos will likely not make the cut. However, if we know in the summer that we’ll be listing your home in the winter, we’ll send our professionals out to do the job properly when things are in full bloom. Curious about what our listings look like? Click here to see our latest listings!
3. We like wine.
4. We have kids, dogs, and are juggling careers too. We’re not here to judge you. In fact, we can probably relate to you better than you think when your toddlers race through the room pantless or when your dog jumps up and licks our face…with dirty paws. We’re on your side every step of the way, hopefully with some laughs here and there to lighten things up.
5. It’s best to tell us. You might not want to tell us that the dishwasher is leaking, or that you don’t like your neighbours, or that traffic is awful during school drop-off times, but trust us, the more we know, the better we are able to help you. We pride ourselves on being solution-minded and creative in our marketing. If we know all the angles, we can craft the best strategies.
6. We like wine.
7. You don’t need to tell us you’re not in a rush to sell. If we had a dollar for every time we heard this, we’d be rich. When you work with us, we commit to getting you top dollar coupled with unparalleled service, but we also know a secret. The secret is that the longer a home sits on the market, the less desirable it becomes, and hence, the less that people are willing to act. Having a strong pricing strategy at the outset is the key to getting the highest price. The newest home on the market is always the most desirable.
8. Expect to put the work in. We work differently than most other Agents. We want you to put the work in before going on the market so that once that For Sale sign goes up on the lawn, you can put your feet up. We are huge believers in cultivating incredible first impressions. This means that we want the home to look spectacular and we know how to make it happen. We bring in the designers and cleaners and you, in turn, commit to the process.
9. Have we mentioned we like wine?
10. We don’t always know the answer. The longer we are in this business, the more we realize that the learning never stops. We promise however that if we don’t know, we will certainly find out. We don’t believe in lazy guesses, but rather pride ourselves on finding the facts and accurately presenting them.
If you’re in the market to sell your Airdrie home, please consider getting in touch with us. We’d love to hear from you and we might even bring you some wine! ?